Sharp AL-1642CS Printer Driver Download
|Sharp AL-1642CS Printer|
The Sharp AL-1642CS offers double the paper storage capability of different units in the Sharp AL-1600 series. It is fitted with a built in
, an additional paper tray, and a comprehensive feature set that make it an ideal private 3 in 1 device for an individual user. duplexer
The improved image quality and laser reliability of this Sharp AL-1642CS digital copier/printer/scanner makes it the perfect choice for any small office. This compact office machine contains a 16 ppm duplex copier, 12 ppm printer and 30-sheet automatic document feeder.
plate glass located beneath the Sharp AL-1642CS's flip top lid is about the full legal size, making 8.5 x 11 inch copies, and anything smaller, potential. For copying and scanning multiple pages at one time, users can benefit from this device's 30 page automatic document feeder that sits atop the device.
8 MBs of on board memory makes digital copying potential and allows a scan once, print many
functions to be triggered, allowing users to print up to 99 continuous copies from one origin. The three various exposure modes selectable when creating copies are auto, manual, and picture. When utilizing photo mode, the resolution is automatically bumped up to 600 x 600 dots per inch (the hardware's greatest), while automatic vulnerability utilizes a lesser 600 x 300 dot per inch setting.
The Sharp AL-1642CS is a totally equipped duplexing model, meaning it could print
on both sides of a piece of output completely mechanically. Duplex printing may be a lifesaver when it comes to reducing rampant paper expenses, though, sad to say, the device's automatic document feeder can only scan single sides of input material.
The Sharp AL-1642CS is a little on the hefty side with a burden of 51 pounds and a footprint that measures 20.4 inches x 19.4 inches. When it will surely match on a decent sized desk, it could pose a problem for anyone working in a confided or limited distance.
The unit is not without its limitations and, like many Sharp
units from this ere, the Sharp AL-1642CS does not arrive with PCL or even multifunctional postscript emulation. Many sharp products utilize their own GDI print emulation and this printer is no exception. Oftentimes, that the GDI emulation is only too quickly, but under certain conditions, it'll perform considerably worse compared to PCL would.
The device shows signs of its age in a number of different ways, but possibly none of these are as obvious as its connectivity choices. No network card is contained in the hardware, leaving only a Parallel port and a USB 1.1 interface for connecting to a server PC. Without a high speed USB link, all PC related functions, particularly scan, will lag considerably in comparison to some top speed USB 2.0 or greater setup.
One could possibly argue that 16 copies per minute is within an acceptable range for a desktop backup machine, but the device's 12
pages per minute print rate at its lowest quality setting is an insult. Users who require any degree of speed, functionality in their hardware needs to discard this printer as an option from the beginning, regardless of what deals are available online.
You can choose between the real Sharp manufacturer and Precision suitable for replacements on the AL 1642-CS. The drum unit (AL-100DR) has an estimated lifespan of 18,000 pages; it is also available in either the real Sharp manufacturer or Precision compatible.
Sharp AL-1642CS Specifications
- Max Copying Speed Up to 16 ppm
- Max Copying Resolution Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Max Copying Speed B/W 16
- Max Copying Resolution B/W 600 x 600 dpi
- First Copy Out Time B/W 9.6
- Max Document Enlargement 400 %
- Max Document Reduction 25 %
- Automatic Duplexing Yes
- Gray Scale
- Consumables Included 1 x cartridge
(black )- up to 4000 pages/ 1 x drum - up to 18000 pages
- First Copy Out Time B/W 9.6
- Max Printing Resolution Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Max Printing Speed Up to 12 ppm
- Max Resolution B/W 600 x 600 dpi
- Max Printing Speed B/W (
ppm) 12 ppm
- Document & Media Handling Details 2 x input tray - 250 sheets/ Bypass tray - 50 sheets/ ADF - 30 sheets
- Speed Details Copying: up to 16 ppm
(Letter A )
- Printing: up to 12 ppm
(Letter A )
- Max Original Size Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Optical Resolution 600 x 1200 dpi
- Interpolated Resolution 9600 x 9600 dpi
- Type cartridge, drum
- Duty Cycle 18000 pages, 4000 pages
Sharp AL-1642CS Toner Cartridges
- Compatible Sharp AL-100TD Black
- Compatible Sharp AL-100DR Drum Unit
- LD Multipurpose Paper, 1500 Sheets, 8-1/2 x 11
Operating System Support
- MS Windows 2000
- MS Windows 95
- MS Windows 98
- MS Windows ME
- MS Windows NT 4.0
- MS Windows XP
How to Install Sharp AL-1642CS for Windows
- Click the Printer Driver button.
- Click the Standard installation button.
- Printers connected to the network are detected. Select the machine & click the Next button.
- A confirmation window appears. Check the contents & then click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you are using Windows Vista, Server 2008, 7, 8, Server 2012, be sure to click Install this driver software anyway.
- If you are using Windows XP, Server 2003, be sure to click the Continue Anyway
- When the installation has completed screen appears, click the OK button.
- Click the Close button in the window
How to Uninstall Sharp AL-1642CS Windows
- Click the start button & then click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Choose the program or driver that you wish to delete.
- Restart your computer.
How to Install Sharp AL-1642CS for Mac OS
- Insert the "Software CD-ROM" into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
- Double-click the CD-ROM icon on the desktop.
- Double-click the MacOSX folder
- Double-click the folder corresponding to the versions of the operating system.
- Double-click the MX-C42 icon
- Click the Continue button.
- The License Agreement window will appear. Make sure that you understand the contents of the license agreement and then click the Continue button.
- Click the [Install] button.
- When the installation has completed screen appears, click the Close button.
- Click System Preference in the Apple menu and select Print & Scan.
- Click the + button and select "XXXX".
- Configure the printer driver.
- Click the Option & Supplies button & click the Driver tab.
- Click the Default icon.
- Click the machine's model name.
- Choose that the PPD file of your model.
- Click the Add button.
- Select the machine configuration.
- Choose the options that are installed on the machine.
- Click the OK button.
- Click to close the window.
How to Uninstall Sharp AL-1642CS for Mac OS
- Delete the printer that using the machine PPD file from the printer list.
- Delete the PPD file.
- Delete the installation information.
How to Connect Sharp AL-1642CS Copiers to a PC
- Insert the CD that came with the Sharp AL-1642CS copier into the computer. Click the "Start" button, select "Computer" and double-click the drive containing the CD if the software does not start automatically.
- Double-click "Setup." Click "Yes" if a user account prompt appears. Read the license agreement, then click "Yes" if you agree to the terms and conditions. Click "Next."
- Click the "Printer Driver" button and select "Custom Installation." Select "Connected to this computer" and click "Next." Choose whether you want to install display fonts and click "Next" again. Click "Next," then click "OK" to complete the installation. Click "Close" to exit the installation window.
- Turn on the copier. Insert the USB cable into the USB port on the front or the side of the copier. Plug the other end of a cable into the USB port on the computer. The Found New Hardware wizard appears.
- Click "Install Software Automatically," then click "Next" to start the wizard. Select "Install This Driver Software Anyway" if a warning appears. Close the wizard when the setup is complete.